Microsoft Word is designed and developed by the Microsoft for making the work easy and simpler for the users, perhaps the best tool for writers. However, some of the users want different other options to do various things. For example, if you are pasting the text from other programs such as any of the web browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox and any other. When you paste the text which is having a different format other than your default Microsoft Word’s format, it always keeps source program’s formatted. The Microsoft is compatible with both the operating system such as Windows and Mac. If you want to paste text in the default format, then follow the steps we try to provide you.
Let’s suppose that you need to paste text which you copied from the Google Chrome to the Microsoft Word. And the text in Google Chrome contains a BOLD and ITALIC format. Though, you don’t need any formatting in Microsoft Word. So you can easily paste the text into the Word and make the use of Paste Options in removing the format and maintain the default text as you have put in the Microsoft Word.
For best result, follow the step mentioning below, these steps will surely save your much time and takes fewer steps. But still while following the process if you need any support from the team of Microsoft for completing the steps then, you can dial the toll-free number of Microsoft customer support or visit www.office.com/setup to get instant support.
Steps to Paste Plain Text without Formatting in Microsoft Word
To make the default setting, follow the steps carefully:
- Click to open Microsoft Word
- Then, go and click on the File
- Now, click on the “Options” to open the list of options.
- Next, Click on the Advanced option
- Now, scroll down until you get a Cut, copy, and paste option.
- Then, four different options are appearing on the screen called-
- Paste within the same document
- Paste between the documents when style definition conflicts
- Paste from some other programs
- Paste between the documents
- All of them consist three options, and they are mentioning below-
- By default, Keep Source Formatting
- Merge Formatting
- Keep Text Only
- If you need to remove the formatting from default, then you need to set the keep text only option.
- After this, close the Word app, and restart your system.
However, steps are very easy to understand and simple to follow, but still, any error or issue occurs, then contact to the Microsoft customer support. The technicians are qualified professionals and available 24*7 to help you. To get instant support, dial the toll-free number of Microsoft customer support or for more visit Office.com/setup.